The L&N Terminal building located at 207 East Main Street, was formerly a railroad station. The terminal was built in 1892 to provide a link between the railroad and shipping interests. In the late 19th century, thousands of ships, ready to load long leaf yellow pine boards, filled the harbor. The L & N also transported fish, particulary red snapper, in refrigerated railroad cars. Lumber, fishing and the port contributed to the boomtown atmosphere in Pensacola It is now owned by the West Florida Preservation Board, which operates the downtown museum complex as a support organization of the University of West Florida.