A major renovation of the building took place betwen 1878 and 1879. Dr. Scott’s report for 1879 for the Diocese of Florida states that he had a stained glass window “Light of the World” installed over the altar as a memorial to the late Rt. Rev. Francis Huger Rutledge. All of the stained glass windows were moved in 1903 to the new Christ Church where parishioners still enjoy their beauty. A copy of the “Light of the World” window was made by Rambusch, Inc. of New York. The window was given as a memorial to Elby Godwin by his wife Jeanne and their two children, Honey and Elby, Jr.